Because of the increasing amount of applications per job posting, companies do not have time nor resources to properly review all submitted applications and even tend to avoid posting openings. The trend is to an increasing, so called hidden market, and to a decreasing probability to receive any form of feedback when applying to a job advertisement.
Since the chance to be selected for an interview, when a job advertisement is published is getting smaller, it is making more and more sense to invest the largest part of a job search activity in networking.
This is the reason why many discussion topics, both on the job4U2 circle on LinkedIn and on the blog, are about networking:
- How do you make sure you follow-up efficiently?
- Networking in Switzerland...when located outside the biggest Swiss cities
- Several references to networking events all across Switzerland
- Which networking event did you recently attend and that you found interesting?
- Growing your network
The 4U2 programs offered by Swiss based companies in partnership with job4U2 to their employees’ partners are placing networking centrally in the job search process, bringing support, method and practical tools to the partner to accelerate the creation of a comprehensive network in Switzerland.
If you have interesting information and tips to share about networking in Switzerland, or if you are simply interested in gaining more information on this topic:
- Subscribe to the job4U2 blog email alert
- Join the job4U2 circle on LinkedIn ( open only to expat's spouse or partners)
Sandrine van den Oudenhoven
job4U2, "Relocation is a project for both"
Some related posts: